“Wellllllll…that was a year of transitions.” … [And I say this. Every. Year.]
New friends made
New geographical whereabouts
New growth spurts
I was once afraid of transition or change. Believing that we are supposed “to know” our direction, set forth to find it & stick with it. But that’s so unlike my life?
And this year was no exception.
However! This year I acknowledged the comfort in knowing:
Tests turn into testimonies
Struggles turn into stories
Trials turn into triumphs
The will, the plan, the flow of life…
It’s sometimes hard to understand & always easy to fight — but my mind and soul are at ease when I take it in stride & know that whatever is happening is for a specific reason & I’m thankful to be a work in progress.
So while I love the idea of resolutions, history continues to prove itself that it just doesn’t seem to work out the way I [maybe you too?] originally thought it would. Therefore, I aim for mini goals, improvements, adjustments I can make to my everyday behaviors, my everyday flow of life.
• begin each day with thanksgiving, prayer & meditation.
• serve in the House that serves me. LifeChurch continues to fuel my thankful heart for an amazing House to call home.
• I am switching yoga studios in order to increase my knowledge, strength & ability; [mini goal] I plan to go confidently despite my insecurities.
• learn a new skill & this year I’m striving for Spanish.
• rekindle an old joy: sitting down to play the piano.
• become an even better dietician to myself & continue working toward an alkaline body. [Bulletproof Diet]
• give into my wanderlust & experience new cultures.
• listen more, talk less.
• look people in the eye.
• say thank you.
• unsubscribe from junk mail, any company I no longer want mail from & GROUPON. [you know what I’m talking about.]
• remember that the log in my eye is much more important than the speck in someone else’s.
• to be a continual seeker of goodness, light & my maker.
Cheers to 2015: May it be a year of thankfulness for all we have, serving those who need us, growth, continuous laughs & adventure.
“What you seek is seeking you.” – Rumi